Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Project

I have a board idea floating around in my head and this Spring or Summer I'll try to bring it to life. Still a work in progress with the dimensions, tail shape and fin setup, but this is the basic concept. I’m thinking less resistance: Down rails, softer in the nose to an edge in the tail and flat bottom with a panel vee out the tail. Next month I'll head down to Freeline Surfshop in Capitola and pick out a blank. Your input is greatly appreciated. -MR

3 comments:

surferbrat said...

Hey Mr. That design looks super cool! I have something really similar to what your drawing looks like there. I'm not too familiar with shaping jargon, but mine is a 7'6 Bob Miller custom, a little on the wide and thick side of the spectrum with diamond tail--and it has very little rocker. It's got three boxes but I ride it as a single. It's a ton of fun (I rode it today in Santa Cruz) but I do have my complaints as it takes pretty particular conditions to blow me away. If you want to check it out and ride it sometime your welcome to. =)

MR said...

Hey Surferbrat. Thanks for the offer, I might just give it a try one of these days. Do you have any photo's of it? I've always been admired Bob Miller and his his boards.

Beetlejuice said...

I have a 7'8" Brewer California Hybrid.22.7 wide,2 7/8 thick.it works great!

http://www.brewerhawaii.com/hybreds/hybrid.html