Sunday, October 21, 2007

Crazy Week

This past week has been hectic with work but great news arrived on Friday. I got the call from Bob Miller on Friday afternoon that my board was finished and he was picking it up from the glassers that evening. I don’t even know how to describe the giddiness. I think I even got goose bumps. It’s such a great feeling knowing that a board is on the way but when you get word that it’s finished, it’s just overwhelming. Maybe I was just over reacting but it’s been awhile since I last bought a board. Plus I’ve thought about this design for the past four years. Drawing the board and tweaking it until it looks just right. Deciding which rails and bottom contours to apply and rethinking them over and over again. Then finally conveying what I wanted to Bob and having him make it a realty exactly how I imagined it. I really couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome. The final test it still yet to come but I’ve already surfed it in my mind time and time again. Here’s a photo of Bob with the board when I picked it up today. More photos are still to come.


Another highlight this week was meeting Jim “The Genius” Phillips on Thursday night. He ventured up to the Log Shop in Pacifica to discuss board design, show a few beautifully crafted gems and educate the general public on this art. -MR

2 comments:

surferbrat said...

Sweeeet. That board looks fun. I have a Bob Miller custom (not for me though), and I LOVE it. But how will I know if it's you if you aren't riding that pink beauty?

MR said...

Well I spray painted the fin "caution" yellow.