Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Taco Bell Rental

Awhile back I came across a free surfboard. Here's the story to it and the letter I sent to my fellow wave riders.

Hello All,

Last week at Linda Mar a gentleman was having a really frustrating surf session in the wind chopped waves. To add to his problems he somehow dinged his board on the soft sandy beach. After exiting the water he proceeded to jam his surfing board down the garbage can but because the lid was on only the nose made it in. So he karate kicks the lid off and drops it in, tail first. I say to him, "Excuse me sir, do you not want that board?" He replied, "Fuck no bro! This shit is water logged, surfs like hell and now it has this hella big ass rail ding." Then I responded with, "Sounds perfect, can I have it?" He says, "It's all yours bro!" As I'm taking the board to my car I watch him stumble around the parking lot like he's searching for his car. He comes back a few minutes later and I'm thinking, great he changed his mind, he wants the board back. But that wasn't it. He came back to give me the leash for the board. So I scored a new old short board and a new old leash. I knew exactly what to do with it. It was BM that gave me the idea. I fixed the ding with some bondo and painted it to hide it's identity.

I have the key for now but will hide it somewhere near the board today after work, if the board is still there. Once the key is hidden I let everyone know where it's at so you can all ride it.

The rules:
1. Do not let anyone see you uncover the key.
2. Sign your initials on the board and date it.
3. Do not pee on it.
4. Lock it back up and don't let anyone see you hide the key.

Enjoy,
MR07

So the board sat there for almost two weeks chained to the world famous Taco Bell. I ended up hiding the key under a rock right next to the board. One day when I showed up the board was gone but the key and lock where still there. I have no idea what happened to it but I sure gave me a good laugh. -MR

1 comment:

Kim said...

Haha. That's awesome. Had I known/seen this earlier I would've got right down in the "board share".